- Reports to: Youth and Family Services Librarian
- FSLA: Non-exempt (hourly)
- Hours: 40 hours per week
TITLE: LIBRARY ASSISTANT FULL-TIME
JOB SUMMARY: Assist patrons with information needs and locating circulating materials. Works with other team members to ensure accurate and prompt service to Dodge City Public Library patrons.
A. PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform circulation and collection maintenance duties such as stamping newspapers, straightening shelves, shelving materials, answer phones, collect fines, etc.
- Understand and operate the automated circulation system.
- Assist patrons in locating and circulating materials.
- Assist patrons with basic computer functions.
- Facilitate programs and assist other staff with programs as assigned.
- Contribute to the achievement of the goals and mission of the library.
- Attend workshops or trainings as needed.
- Attend and participate in DCPL staff and committee meetings as appropriate.
- Keep statistics and prepare reports or presentations as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor, department supervisor or the director.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or equivalent required. Customer service experience preferred.
SKILLS: Must be able to:
- Establish, maintain effective and courteous working relations with library patrons and staff.
- Operate office machines and computers.
- Follow instructions and work without supervision.
- Learn the applications of technology for patron service.
- Basic computer skills including knowledge of MS office software and ability to learn the library circulation system.
Updated: June 2018