Hours: Mon-Thur 9am-8pm; Fri 9am-6pm; Sat 9am-5pm; Sun closed
Address: 1001 N 2nd Ave * Dodge City, KS 67801
Phone: 620-225-0248 * Fax: 620-225-2761
The mission of the Dodge City Public Library is to provide resources and services necessary to meet the evolving educational, recreational, and informational needs of the community.
The Dodge City Public Library is a multi-faceted resource center providing materials in various formats and a variety of services to freely meet the continuing informational, recreational and educational needs of a growing, diverse community without regard to race, gender, ethnic origin, or educational status.
- 1905: The committee to form a library corresponded with Andrew Carnegie concerning funds to build a library.
- 1905: First library Board was organized
- 1907: First librarian received a salary of $30 per month.
- 1952: The library was air-conditioned.
- 1981: Ground breaking for current library site.
- 1984: Library began an automation project.
- 1985: video cassette collection established.
- 2007: balloons used for anniversary are biodegradable.
Jeff Forrest, Chair
Beth Love, Vice Chair
Hailey Zimmerman, Treasurer
Library Board Minutes